This is a full-time position working with and supporting senior architects and Principals on the development of projects with responsibility for preparing client presentation materials, schematic and design development drawings, and construction documentation as well as liaising with consultants and other team members.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of project development: schematic design to contract administration and close-out
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, site and environmental analysis, construction documentation, contract administration and authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Participate in site meetings and conduct general reviews
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Ensure the flow of information within the project team
- Manage communications with project consultants and act as liaison
- Perform industry related research: building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Post graduate education in Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an architectural firm with a focus on Revit based projects
- Advanced Revit and AutoCAD skills and experience
- Other graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D rendering programs is an asset
- Ability to work well with clients, contractors, consultants and colleagues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment while meeting project deliverables in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of current industry standards, building code and building science
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
- Creative and pragmatic with a focus on design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
When applying, please quote ‘Intermediate Architect – Toronto’ in the subject line.