CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world..
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 6 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design, developing unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates leading edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
CHIL Interior Design as a specialty service offering within B+H focuses on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly specialized studio to B+H’s global interior design team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allows CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full service architecture and design firm.
Our CHIL Interior Design – Vancouver, Canada studio is looking for 2 highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designers to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will have a passion for hospitality design and be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. They will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (developers, operators, architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Attend and present at client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the CHIL Interior Design team
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Prepare 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality designs and renderings
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the hotel brand and the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an elegant and timeless environment
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of FFE fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Prepare Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules) primarily in AutoCAD (and occasionally REVIT).
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- 5+ years of experience working with a recognized Interior Design firm with hospitality interiors experience
- Active or intern membership with IDIBC (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained, or are working towards attaining NCIDQ certification
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint), and Spexx; as well as a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Solid experience and portfolio of diverse creative projects with emphasis in Hospitality and Residential design
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work on school, IDC or NEWH events or committees
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed
- Comfortable with AutoCAD, both as a planning and modelling (3D) tool
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to work seamlessly in a fast-paced and collaborative studio and ready to welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visitor our job posting to submit your application.