B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, and other consulting services.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. We enable our clients’ visions through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. We view every challenge as an opportunity for learning and never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 350 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
Reporting to the Director, Planning & Landscape Viet Nnam and working closely with Design Principals in the Toronto and Shanghai studios, the Intermediate Planner /Landscape Architect will be responsible for developing initial concepts through design development to construction and working drawing production.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Assist the Planning & Landscape Director/ Manager to produce concept and technical deliverables for all urban planning / Landscape phases of a project.
- Assist with provision of information for coordination with external consultants and internal project teams.
- The Team Member is required to assist the Planning & Landscape Director/ Manager with the delivery of work packages tasked to them.
- This is to be delivered in timely manner and within the standards and quality controls of B+H.
- Understand the requirements of the best planning / landscape practices, planning / landscape regulations, relevant building codes and other technical aspects; they are required to be knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and reporting, rendering.
- Prepare and administer concept master plans, detailed master plans and architectural concepts and guidelines, consisting of illustrations, diagrams, plans, sections and elevations, presentations, reports and documents, to illustrate the planning and design intent relative to the required scope.
- Provide back-up assistance to other members of the Architecture group.
- Assist senior management in the development of new business opportunities.
- Manage own time in relation to project deadlines and client requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Planning & Landscape Architect. Experience in doing medium to large scale Planning / Landscape projects
- Understand the design process and documentation needs of Planning / Landscape Project.
- Ability to follow guidance from management team and produce Planning/ Landscape information to B+H standards.
- Leadership skills at intermediate level to assist with supervision of junior colleagues within their team.
- Well-developed time management skills required to undertake projects.
- Professional, client service oriented skills to be a positive representative of the company.
- Exercise sound judgment; proactive nature to anticipate client needs; effective problem management skills a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD 2016 or similar (Revit or Microstation an asset), 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or Max), Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Power Point), Presentation Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) Microsoft Project skills an advantage.
- Degree or Diploma level entrance with experience.
- Good working knowledge of Provincial Building Code, Planning regulations and standards.
- Member of provincial professional organization an asset.
- Obtained or considering LEED CI certification, Greenmark or AP accreditation.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com , with “Intermediate Planning & Landscape Architect” in the subject line.