B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shenzhen, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com .
Our Seattle studio is looking for a highly motivated Project Architect to join our team. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environments and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Project Architect will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Developing new project opportunities within the region
- Managing fundamental aspects of project delivery, from the design and construction documentation to construction administration (through site preparation to building completion).
- Participating directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects.
- Assigning, coordinating and reviewing the work (especially technical) of project teams; including engineering and specialty consultants.
- Developing, organizing and reviewing building plans and design documents for municipal approvals
- Determining and scheduling different stages of the design process according to client and/or construction manager needs.
- Ensuring that projects meet code, environmental, safety, structural, zoning and aesthetic standards.
- Understanding project financials and contractual commitments.
- Confidently managing contract administration phase of projects including, Change order Process, Additional Service Notifications, and Completion Certification Process.
- Monitoring progress and ascertaining whether stages of the construction administration are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
- Responsible for internal project controls: labour projection and schedule adherence.
- Communicating closely with the senior leadership to implement the project, team, studio and firm vision
- Maintain accurate project reporting in ERP (BST) and coordinate billing process
- Licensed Architect or eligible for registration
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
Education & Experience
- 5 year Undergraduate and Post graduate education in Architecture or equivalent from internationally recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in an architectural firm with a focus on Revit based projects
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Fully proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Other graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and 3D rendering programs are an asset
- Experience managing projects in REVIT, Code Book and Clarity
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your resume through our website by clicking HERE.