We’re a design firm looking for adventurous creatives.
Our studio came together to co-create the culture manifesto below: A set of values that empowers us to design projects that push the limits of creativity by acknowledging the humanity in the creative process. We believe in letting things get a little messy while we let our minds explore the bounds of what’s possible. Once we’ve found something truly new, then we reassemble it into the clean, well-executed project our clients expect from us. Join us if you’re willing to try new things, to go bold, and to let the best idea win. If you’re willing to stretch yourself and you want to create something that’s never existed before, we want you.
B+H is a culture-driven organization, and our culture manifesto acts as guide and inspiration for our client and interpersonal relationships:
GO BOLD: Challenge the status quo. Safe to fail.
BEST IDEA WINS: No capes no crowns.
NO A**HOLES: Internal and external relationships
MAKE IT MATTER: Social conscience. Meaningful and Purposeful work.
SEEK TO GROW: Learn to change. Knowledge, talent, community.
PLAYFUL HUMANS: We are fun. We are free-spirited. Work hard, play hard.
For more information, please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com .
Our Seattle studio is looking for a highly motivated Project Architect to join our team. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environments and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Project Architect will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Developing new project opportunities within the region
- Managing fundamental aspects of project delivery, from the design and construction documentation to construction administration (through site preparation to building completion).
- Participating directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects.
- Assigning, coordinating and reviewing the work (especially technical) of project teams; including engineering and specialty consultants.
- Developing, organizing and reviewing building plans and design documents for municipal approvals
- Determining and scheduling different stages of the design process according to client and/or construction manager needs.
- Ensuring that projects meet code, environmental, safety, structural, zoning and aesthetic standards.
- Understanding project financials and contractual commitments.
- Confidently managing contract administration phase of projects including, Change order Process, Additional Service Notifications, and Completion Certification Process.
- Monitoring progress and ascertaining whether stages of the construction administration are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
- Responsible for internal project controls: labour projection and schedule adherence.
- Communicating closely with the senior leadership to implement the project, team, studio and firm vision
- Maintain accurate project reporting in ERP (BST) and coordinate billing process
- Licensed Architect or eligible for registration
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
Education & Experience
- 5 year Undergraduate and Post graduate education in Architecture or equivalent from internationally recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in an architectural firm with a focus on Revit based projects
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Fully proficient in Revit
- Other graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and 3D rendering programs are an asset
- Experience managing projects in REVIT, Code Book and Clarity
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click here.