B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in design, sustainability, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Seattle, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to elevate our lives and are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet.
The Receptionist for the Vancouver studio is the first face of the company and as such is a key role within the studio and beyond. While maintaining the front desk, this person will also work with the Managing Principal and staff to create a seamless and functioning office through key administrative duties and exceptional interpersonal skills. The receptionist is required to be presentable, enthusiastic, organized and excited to be part of a vibrant and busy architectural and design practice.
- Present a positive, professional response and behavior to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and staff.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals or departments across the firm.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, staff, and other parties.
- Accept, direct, and monitor inbound mail and shipments to appropriate parties.
- Schedule boardrooms for meetings and events.
- Maintain Vancouver Office calendar including meetings, presentations, and events.
- Maintain reception, meeting rooms and other areas as needed to ensure a tidy and presentable environment.
- Provide general administrative support as necessary.
- Work with the Administrative team and well as Human Resources team on tasks as necessary.
- Orders food for lunch meetings and assist with cleanup.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about any special activities and/or events.
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Maintain and track key client contacts
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures along with customer service principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for continuous learning
- Proficiency in MS Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Ready to apply
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com.
B+H is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and B+H’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet the required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.