B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shenzhen, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams. We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com.
Working in tandem with the Project Manager, the Senior Interior Designer is responsible for leading the development and execution of interior design concepts within a project team. The Senior Interior Designer is passionate about the conceptual thought process and design exploration, combining creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. The Senior Interior Designer works to ensure continuity of implementation through oversight in all phases of project development and is a key client contact
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, concept development, space planning, schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
- Work with Project Managers to review project scopes and assist in estimating design fees.
- Contribute to the review of contracts, workplans and design and construction schedules.
- Provide design leadership throughout the design and documentation process, ensuring that concepts are carried through.
- Lead the selection of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Manage and contribute to the generation of interior plans, elevations, details, and specifications needed for construction documents.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.
- Function as client contact (along with Project Manager) to facilitate visioning and programming, present design concepts, design development, FF&E packages, finishes and lighting, and participate in construction administration meetings.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Have established relationships with product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.
- Mentor and coach junior and intermediate teammates.
- Engage in business development efforts, including participating in proposal generation and interviews.
- Play an integral part in the growth and success of the Interiors Practice Area.
- Effectively communicate and implement our key strategic initiatives and become an influential “Voice” of design.
- Reach beyond project focus to address greater studio and regional issues.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Presentation skills.
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- 10+ years of professional experience as an Interior Designer, working across varying project types.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Expert knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, and lighting fixtures, and specification.
- Expert understanding of design processes, ADA guidelines, building code and construction methods to ensure design concepts are executable.
- Skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling through space.
- NCIDQ certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ready To Apply?
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.