B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, strategy, and other consulting services. Within our studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. Our clients’ visions are realized through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. Every challenge is an opportunity for us to learn, so we never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved. Our more than 350 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+. Our Interiors Practice For more than 40 years, interiors have been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients. A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 8 regional interiors studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Singapore and Hong Kong. Additionally, our interiors practice supports projects that are integrated with large, complex architectural projects. Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education, corporate workplace and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project. This Opportunity We are seeking an expert in transformative, forward-thinking design to lead the creative process and inspire our world class team located in Hong Kong. The (Senior) Interior Designer will be responsible for managing the design process as well as the direction, training and mentoring of the interior design team. A creative thinker with a robust portfolio including built, award-winning work, the (Senior) Interior Designer will be capable of leading design with their own hand, as well as bringing strong experience directing and guiding design teams to develop outstanding project solutions. The (Senior) Interior Designer is a client-facing role and candidates are expected to have a well-rounded network and a strong track record of supporting the business development process for standalone projects as well as representing the multiple functions for integrated project work in the region.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Take the lead in managing multiple projects and a design team
- Initiate creative design concept, direct delegate and assign tasks appropriately for all design process from schematic design to design development
- Ensure continued focus on delivering design excellence in all project work Project Delivery
- Oversee the design process, ensuring consistent and profitable results, maximizing team and system resources
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out Customer Service
- Work to a project fee and client budget
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships
- Proactively build and maintain an external networks of clients and colleagues People
- Under minimal supervision manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately Position Requirements
- Degree in Interior Design Above / professional registration
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in as a creative concept interior designer; exposures to workplace is a must, workplace projects experienced is a must
- Well-developed understanding of the design process and client needs and goals
- An inspirational portfolio of current and relevant award-winning work
- Experienced in client presentations and new business proposals
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing client expectations
- Excellent leadership skills to train and supervise intermediate and junior designers
- Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in bilingual language in English and Mandarin is preferred but not mandatory
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or Max), Microsoft Office 2003, Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point, Indesign or Photoshop)
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel as required and to work collaboratively with colleagues in B+H studios in Asia.
- Experience working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
- An International work experience/background is preferred
- More experienced candidate will be considered as Senior Interior Designer.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com , with ‘(Senior) Interior Designer, workplace’, in the subject line.