Working closely with the interior design team, the Interior Designer is responsible for planning and preparing interior design concepts. The designer will also ensure continuity of implementation through oversight in all phases of development of projects.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Working in Revit.
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the B+H team.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality sketch renderings for purposes of conveying the design concept.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Work with outside consultants such as a Structural Engineer or Lighting Designer as required by the project.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Understand basic project process’ and construction methods to ensure design concepts are executable and details are provided to illustrate design intent.
- Preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Team focused with ability to monitor team activities in conjunction with deadlines. Ability to coach and mentor more junior teammates.
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Understand the project fee and client budget.
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an open floor environment.
- Being awesome!
- 10 plus years of experience as an Interior Designer
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your NCIDQ certification.
- Sound knowledge of REVIT, Windows and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3D Max, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Collaboration Skills