B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams. We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
The B+H planning, urban design and landscape architecture team is currently seeking an Urban Designer for design support on large scale projects both locally and internationally. The position will be based in the B+H office Toronto office. This is a good opportunity for a strong design professional who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Participate and contribute to the development of design concept through implementation into subsequent production and implementation stages.
- Assist in creating presentation materials for all phases of projects, including graphics, renderings, technical details to meet the desirable goals and meet client expectations.
- Communicate closely with the planning leadership to implement the team vision while working independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Toronto office as well as other B+H offices globally when needed.
- Assist in project coordination of large-scale multi-faceted projects as required, collaborating with numerous consultants in multiple locations.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning/ Urban Design or equivalent. Background in architecture is preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience in large scale urban design and planning projects.
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), ArcGIS, MS Office etc.
- Knowledge of computational urban design techniques will be considered an asset.
- Strong creative skills to create engaging presentation materials through storytelling.
- Up-to-date understanding of global urban design trends and issues.
- Strong inter-personal and organization skills, including effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform independently in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Experience in international planning/urban design projects is preferred.
- CIP/OPPI Membership will be considered an asset.
- May involve some international travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ready to apply
Submit your resume through our website by clicking HERE.