CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on hotels and multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
With dedicated CHIL Interior Design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong we bid and work on hospitality projects globally. With B+H studios, we are represented in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, where B+H creates our first point of contact and the framework around which people live their lives. B+H’s ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 50 years in hospitality design and more than 13 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design and project delivery services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto, and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design, developing unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Fairmont, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates leading edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
CHIL Interior Design is a boutique creative studio within B+H with a focus on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly specialized studio to B+H’s global interior design team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allows CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full service architecture and design firm.
Our CHIL Interior Design – Toronto, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated experienced Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will have a passion for hospitality design and be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (developers, operators, architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling, creative, unique, and informative presentations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the CHIL Interior Design team.
- With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project.
- Participate in the 2D and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality designs and renderings.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the hotel brand and the project, understanding how texture, light, colour, and other factors interact to meet the design brief.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification and installation of FFE fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Prepare Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules) primarily in AutoCAD.
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service.
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program (CIDA).
- At least 5 years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- Sound knowledge and competence with AutoCAD, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint), as well as a host of 3D graphic programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Solid experience and portfolio of diverse creative projects (from school or employment) with emphasis in Hospitality and Residential design
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Ready to work seamlessly in a fast-paced and collaborative studio and ready to welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, passion, and patience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information about our firm please visit www.CHILdesign.com & www.bharchitects.com.